ICE TECHNICIAN REQUIRED
Request for Interest: Ottawa Curling Club Ice Technician
The Ottawa Curling Club (OCC) requires the services of an Ice Technician starting the upcoming 2014-2015 curling season with the possibility for a multi-year contract (details to be discussed).
About the Ottawa Curling Club:
The OCC is one of the oldest and most prestigious clubs in the country, boasting everything from a vibrant getting started league to Canadian and world champion curlers and coaches as members. The membership is engaged and competitive while enjoying one of the friendliest social atmospheres around.
The OCC is a busy, full-service, professionally managed curling facility in the downtown core. This five-sheet club has a one draw morning program followed by a two hour practice period and three evening draws Monday to Friday. Saturday includes a morning league with two draws followed by a full slate of public rentals into the evening. Sunday is the busiest day with 6 draws from 9 AM to 9 PM.
Member amenities include a full service kitchen as well as an independently operated pro shop.
The Ice Technician will be contracted to direct the ice making and ice maintenance operations of the club; directly oversee the preventive maintenance program for the physical plant; and consult on related aspects of the ice house/building.
Summary of duties:
1. Maintain the ice daily for approximately 30 weekly draws plus additional public rentals.
2. Prepare the ice for all curling events such as league play, bonspiels and special events.
3. Hire, train, administer and supervise your own ice crew (the OCC can offer names of candidates)
4. Meet weekly with the Manager and/ or Ice Director.
5. In conjunction with the Manager, communicate with the membership about ice conditions.
6. Maintain the Maintenance Log Book for the Machine Room equipment.
7. Perform preventive maintenance procedures as required.
8. Maintain on-ice member amenities (including drinking water, tissues, and cleaning brushes).
9. Ensure catwalks are clean and tidy and ice equipment is stored properly.
10. Install ice in early September for opening league play usually the last Monday in September.
11. Install ice markings in consultation with the Ice Director.
12. Shut down the ice plant and clean rink area after season concludes at the end of April.
1. Possess a Level 3 Ice Technician’s certification.
2. Produce verifiable work record that validates your qualifications.
Ice Technician is responsible to the Board of Directors and reports to the Ice Director. Ice Technician works with the Club Manager to determine ice usage requirements and maintenance schedules.
Written applications must be received on or before 31 March 2014. Your application must include:
1. Cover letter with your concept of member service and communicating about ice conditions.
2. Resume detailing your ice making experience including references.
3. Your contract expectations (price quote not expected at this stage).
Successful applicants will be sent an information package and asked to submit a complete bid. The shortlisted bidders will be interviewed by the Ice Contract Evaluation Committee.
Applications should be sent by email, post, or fax Attn: Peter Glover, Ice Director.
The Ottawa Curling Club
440 O’Connor Street, Ottawa ON K2P 1W4
Telephone: (613) 234-4119 | Fax: (613) 235-2178
email@example.com | www.ottawacurlingclub.com
The rink of OCC members - Heidi Rausch, Patti Negrave, Bernice Wolf and Brenda Bethune scored an 8-Ender on March 1 at Manotick's Perky In Pink charity bonspiel. They look perky, they look pink and an 8-ENDER is a pretty thing!
TEAM HOMAN SEND OFF
The send off for Team Homan will take place at the Ottawa on Wednesday, March 5 beginning att 7:30 p.m. Everyone is invited.
If anyone wants to take part please let the club know.
The 53rd Annual Gordie Perry Bonspiel
April 26 - May 4, 2014
Entry fee $320 per team.
April 8th deadline for entries in both divisions.
Entries paid in full by March 15th, 2014 will be entered into a draw for a free entry to the 53rd Gordie Perry Bonspiel.
Just a reminder that the Ottawa will be closed on Monday February 17 for Family Day.